Subject: Re: mozilla - "make" stops.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.aug.zwei@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/16/2002 16:23:12
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> No, I mean, how did you get it to build, with it's standard motorola
> assembler, on 1.6E?

> +.if ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "m68k" && ${OBJECT_FMT} == "ELF"
> +COPTS+=		-Wa,--register-prefix-optional

Maybe he used the patches I sent included in a message to this list
on 2002-08-05.
Instead of beating the compiler to use --register-prefix-optional
those patches fix the register syntax in two files under '../xpcom/'.

Additionally, the leading underscore (for aout symbols) is left out on
ELF systems. This could be the problem you see about missing symbols.

I could send those patches again, if it's necessary.

ciao
     Klaus