Subject: devel/gmake annoyance on Solaris
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Stoned Elipot <seb@script.jussieu.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/15/2002 01:28:50
Hi,
the micro- and nano-second timestamp support of gmake on solaris is
annoying. Among other things it makes other pkg build failing: like
gcc's which try to run gperf because it thinks some gperf generated
files - and supplied in the tarball - are out of date.

So I was considering adding '--disable-nsec-timestamps' to this package
CONFIGURE_ARGS. I was wondering about how to introduce it:
- unconditionally
- per OPSYS (see below)
- per user (read bsd.pkg.defaults.mk) switch

What do you people feel about it ?

BTW netbsd support by way of st_?timespec members is not detect by
gmake's configure. Any takers -liking this feature- it is pretty easy to add
this to gmake's acinclude.m4 :)

Cheers, Stoned.