Subject: bulk builds
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/12/2002 10:38:52
Hi all,

I have a question regarding bulk-builds:

I had started a bulk-build on Friday afternoon, and over the weekend I
noticed at least three or four times that the build appeared to be hung.
When checking the processes, it turned out that it was hung trying to
download a distfile.  Removing the file and killing the ftp-process
allowed the bulk-build to continue.

Any idea why the connection didn't time out, allowing the bulk-build to
continue?

Also, after it finally finished, I get a mail saying that no problems
were encountered, no packages are broken and all packages are built and
packaged.  While I would like to believe that, I don't think that's the
case.  Or is pkgsrc on i386 actually _that_ good? ;-)

-Jan

--
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.