Subject: Python buildlink?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/26/2002 23:47:26
Hello

I'm trying to package subversion, a CVS replacement tool: http://subversion.tigris.org
The package needs to use python greater than 2.0. As somebody suggested for
the mailman package, I've included pyversion.mk in the Makefile. Although, the
package itself wants to run python as "python" itself, hoping it's in the path.

The first problem is that there is no such python binary. I was thinking of adding
some kind of stuff to link the choosed binary by pyversion.mk into
${BUILDLINK_DIR}/bin/python. But... where should this stuff go? Maybe in
pyversion.mk? Maybe in a buildlink.mk? (note that this is not really a buildlink)...

Patching the package itself is not a good idea, as the patch would need to include
something like python2.1, hardcoding a version number inside.

What should I do? Thanks!

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.HispaBSD.org
Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>