Subject: Re: pkg/17731: Avoid un-nedded steps in pkgtools/digest
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/26/2002 20:57:45
On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:40:55 -0700 (PDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <> wrote:

> I don't see it documented in Packages.txt (but I do see in mk/

Well, I didn't look at Packages.txt, but I noticed that these variables
are used in other packages, like in pkgtools/pkglint. I do not know if it
is ok to use these variables.

> If I understand this correctly, then this is just to save a little time.

Yes, it just saves some little time, nothing else.

> So should all packages that don't have a ./configure use "NO_CONFIGURE"?
> And all packages that don't have patches should use "NO_PATCH"?

No idea.

> If so, I should send-pr this for net/gethost (no ./configure) and
> net/md-whois (no ./configure and no patches).
> What other steps can be skipped? (And where is this documented?)

Probably needs to be documented.

HispaBSD admin -
Julio Merino <>