Subject: please review mailman package
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/25/2002 23:58:04
Hi,
I created a package for mailman, the GNU list manager. However, as it's
a somewhat complex package, I'd like to have someone review it before it
gets commited.

Most of the package (exept doc and apache fragment config which goes in the
standart place) installs under $PREFIX/mailman. There's not easy way to
install it in the standart distribution. Especially there's no infrastructure
in the sources to separate executables (binaries or scripts) from
config file or data files.

There are one issues left:
the software is written in python. I don't know python, but it seems that
when a file is used python will dump the bytecode for this file to disk:
is myfile.py is used, a myfile.pyc will appear. This pollutes the
$PREFIX/mailman hierarchy, and the package won't deinstall cleanly.
Is there a way to deal with this in pkgsrc ?

The package is available here:
ftp://ftp.antioche.eu.org/pub/bouyer/mailman.tgz

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>