Subject: Re: dependencies (was: RFC: new variable SUGGESTS)
To: Jan Schaumann <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/24/2002 00:31:50
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Now, what did I miss, overlook, misinterpret? ;-)

What you gave was an attempt to give abstract descriptions to what I
mentioned previously. I think it would be nice to know what problems are
to be adressed by a list of examples. Given that it might become clearer
which problem might be the one that needs the most attention.

I understand that you put work into SUGGESTS (as far as bsd.*.mk is
concerned; I haven't seen anything on how you want to handle this in a
binary-pkg-only scenario), but I wouldn't mind having a "big picture"
design(!) first where such individual concepts can be realized then later.

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->