Subject: Re: RFC: new variable SUGGESTS
To: Jan Schaumann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <email@example.com>
Date: 07/22/2002 03:08:22
On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> plenty of room for improvement. I'll be happy about all critique.
* You rely on "pkg_info foo" being the same as "pkg_info foo-[0-9]*".
I'd suggest you change that to make things more obvious and similar
* If a "suggestion" is accepted, it should be changed into a dependency
- to make sure binary pkgs pull in the proper pkgs
- to prevent deinstallation of the "suggestions" - things might break
else! (imagine a "suggested" lib is gone... boom!)
* You do not mention or consider changed configure/build process at all.
Often, GNU configure needs additional switches to make use of
additional software. How do you intend to handle that?
Relying on smart configure scripts is not an option here.
(We already had this discussion quite some time ago... search the
That said, I'd vote to not commit this until these issues are sorted out.
Want to get a clue on IPv6 but don't know where to start? Try this:
* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/