Subject: Re: pkgsrc and Darwin Built-ins
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@mac.com>
From: Jeffrey Putsch <jdputsch@attbi.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/20/2002 19:14:36
I believe pkgsrc will notice the built in, but the perl shipped by Apple
is not as new as the perl pkgsrc wants.

I figured it is best to let pkgsrc put the version it want under
/usr/pkg and not corrupt the Apple provided perl with pkgsrc additions.

I've got a small patch to apply to /usr/pkgsrc/perl5 that makes this
work if you like.

Jeff.