Subject: Re: pkg/17354
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/20/2002 11:46:09
On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:22:12 +0200
"Matthias Scheler" <tron@zhadum.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 04:17:50PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
>
> That sounds like an overkill.

Yes I know...

> I don't think it will be more than a few 100KB extra. I only wonder
> if the binaries can get so big that they won't work because of
> some BIOS restriction.

What do you think about adding a new grub-diskless package, which
contains all the specified options? Grub would still be a "standard"
package, non-customizable, but we could have this new one -diskless
which can be customized.

Or what about changing the package name depending on which network card
you compile (in the diskless package)? That is, you want NE2000 and you
compile grub with that option, then the package becomes
grub-diskless-ne2000...

Regards

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.hispabsd.org