Subject: Re: gphoto2: conflict aalib vs. aalib-x11
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rhexel@cit.gu.edu.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/19/2002 09:47:27
On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 21:42, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> I suggest you look at PR 16354 and the following discussion.

  Ah, I missed that indeed, thanks Al!

  I'd like to go along with what Johnny said in the PR.  The only sane
way to go is probably to name the aalib libraries differently if they
are ABI incompatible.

  The best way for gphoto2 is IMHO to split it into two different
packages as well (that might or might not conflict with each other).
Otherwise we end up with all kinds of havoc with binary packages that
have the same name but link against different, incompatible versions of
aalib.

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene