Subject: Re: gphoto2: conflict aalib vs. aalib-x11
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@cit.gu.edu.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/18/2002 07:50:36
Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> The alternative is to have aalib probe for X11 and autoconfigure
> itself to either include or exclude X11 support.
 >
 > Any comments?

   I believe the way to go is to merge aalib-x11/buildlink.mk into
aalib/buildlink.mk.  They are basically the same, so all that needs
changing is the dependency in the new, unified aalib/buildlink.mk to:

BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.aalib?= aalib{,-x11}>=1.4.0.4

   Then aalib-x11/buildlink.mk can be retired. This way, packages
only have to include aalib/buildlink.mk for either aalib or aalib-x11.
Packages that depend on a specific (X11 or non-X11) version can override
this dependency.

   Cheers
       ,
    Rene