Subject: Re: gphoto2: conflict aalib vs. aalib-x11
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <>
From: Rene Hexel <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/18/2002 07:50:36
Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> The alternative is to have aalib probe for X11 and autoconfigure
> itself to either include or exclude X11 support.
 > Any comments?

   I believe the way to go is to merge aalib-x11/ into
aalib/  They are basically the same, so all that needs
changing is the dependency in the new, unified aalib/ to:

BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.aalib?= aalib{,-x11}>=

   Then aalib-x11/ can be retired. This way, packages
only have to include aalib/ for either aalib or aalib-x11.
Packages that depend on a specific (X11 or non-X11) version can override
this dependency.