Subject: Xemacs packages
To: None <>
From: Frank Knappe <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/15/2002 22:12:52

I had some problems with the installation of auctex from pkgsrc
on my system. I think this is related to a fixed problem with the
xemacs-packages package (dired etc didn't worked and tron fixed
the Makefile). I installed xemacs and xemacs-packages from scratch and
after this I could install auctex.During the search for the reason why
auctex didn't worked like expected I found that xemacs has it's own
packages system. I'm also interested in reftex, which isn't available in

Will therer be any problems, if I will use the xemacs packages system?
There is also a newer auctex version in that packages system.

Ciao , Frank .