Subject: RSYNC
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/10/2002 12:07:37
I am using NetBSD 1.5.2 and the pkg (installed from pkgsrc) of
rsync-2.5.5

Rsync works just fine as a client but when I start it with the --daemon
option it only bind the port 873 of the ipv6 stack and not the port 873
of the ipv4 stack. looking inside the package I have found no options
to tell it to bind to ipv4 or ipv6 (although it would be nice to be able
to only bind it to ipv4 or ipv6).

Could the port maintainer have a look at this , I think this is a bug
however I can't believe I am the only user of rsync under NetBSD :), so I
wonder what I am doing wrong , since I am using the same version on
FreeBSD and it works perfectly well (except for the occasional memeory
leak that is supposed to be fixed soon )

Christophe Prevotaux      Email: c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr
HEXANET SARL                URL: http://www.hexanet.fr/
Z.A.C Les Charmilles        Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05
3 Allée Thierry Sabine   Direct: +33 (0)3 26 61 77 72
BP202                       Fax: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 06
51686 Reims Cedex 2
FRANCE                   HEXANET Network Operation Center