Subject: Re: Tool to compose manpages
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/05/2002 12:07:36
Julio Merino <> wrote:
> Although, we could create a XSLT stylesheet to convert special XML
> files to manpages... should be easy and useful.

Well, there's DocBook's 'RefEntry', which is SGML.  I wrote a perl
script that converts RefEntry-SGML into man-page format.

The project itself has stagnated, but that little script may still be of
use to some:

Examples of SGML input and man-page output are available at (another somewhat abandoned project
of mine)

'I have reached an age where my main purpose is not to receive
messages.' --- Umberto Eco, quoted in the New Yorker