Subject: Different types of JDK's
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Mattsson <erik.mattsson@imbridge.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/04/2002 13:26:01
Hi

Im new to netbsd and am having alot of problems installing the java software.

I want to use the latest jdk available, which means that I need to install the
lang/sun-jdk1.3 package. No problem yet, but when I want to install
the devel/jakarta-ant package, which depends on textproc/crimson that
depends on the lang/jdk package. The land/jdk package is jdk 1.1.8 and
it conflicts with the lang/sun-jdk1.3 package and therefore the whole
installation process fails.

Now Ive searched using google on how to correct this problem, but havent
found any solution at all. How do I install a package without installing the
dependencies? BTW, is it possible to direct all dependencies from lang/jdk
to lang/sun-jdk1.3, since I have a feeling that this will not be the first time..

Any help is appreciated

Regards
Erik
Erik Mattsson