Subject: Re: misc/staroffice still useful?
To: David Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/02/2002 21:37:13
On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:54:52AM -0500, David Burgess wrote:
> A better question might be "Since Sun now recommends people to the
> openoffice package, would it be good to get the OO package updated so that
> it uses the 1.0 source instead of the old one?"

Definitely. However, if it was that trivial, I would have done it a long
time ago. ;-)
I've still got some problems left, that make OOo 1.0 crash regularly after a
few minutes. I'm trying several options (including gcc-3.1 which is what is
used for Linux and FreeBSD) but it is very time consuming.

Maybe a package using the linux binary under emulation would be an easier
way for the moment. Does anyone want to give it a try?

Michael