Subject: Re: packagized base-system (was: Re: OpenSSH installation from package source)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: David Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/01/2002 09:30:22
I submitted a PR for this (kind of) last week.  What I was thinking would
work was to either change the packages for things that are installed as
part of the base system to delete the pieces installed in the base system,
or to install these packages in the 'base' locations.
A good example is that some of the packages require OpenSSL MD4, which
isn't installed in the base system.  Adding OpenSSL's package leaves us
with one version of the openssl libs in /usr/lib, and another in
/usr/pkg/lib.  Sendmail, named, etc. have their own peculiarities.

--
Dave Burgess
CTO, Nebraska On-Ramp