Subject: Re: automatic make package ?
To: Tracy Di Marco White <netbsd@gendalia.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/29/2002 00:14:19
On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 04:24:05PM -0500, Tracy Di Marco White wrote:

> Just so there's a dissenting voice, I really like 'make update'.  What I'd
> like even more is if I could set something in /etc/mk.conf so that binary
> packages would be made automatically.  For me, having this happen after the
> make install and before the make clean in make update would be great, but
> I'm not sure if I can just add a target.  Thoughts?

Around line 1339 of Packages.txt:

   The following variables can be used either on the command line or in
   /etc/mk.conf to alter the behaviour of "make update":

    - DEPENDS_TARGET:
      Install target to use for the updated package and the
      dependent packages.  Defaults to "install".  E.g.
      "make update DEPENDS_TARGET=package"

Regards,
Alistair