Subject: Re: automatic make package ?
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <netbsd@gendalia.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/28/2002 19:17:51
Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com> wrote:
}On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 04:24:05PM -0500, Tracy Di Marco White wrote:
}>
}> Just so there's a dissenting voice, I really like 'make update'.  What I'd
}> like even more is if I could set something in /etc/mk.conf so that binary
}> packages would be made automatically.  For me, having this happen after the
}> make install and before the make clean in make update would be great, but
}> I'm not sure if I can just add a target.  Thoughts?
}
}Around line 1339 of Packages.txt:
}
}   The following variables can be used either on the command line or in
}   /etc/mk.conf to alter the behaviour of "make update":
}
}    - DEPENDS_TARGET:
}      Install target to use for the updated package and the
}      dependent packages.  Defaults to "install".  E.g.
}      "make update DEPENDS_TARGET=package"

Ah, I was reading bsd.pkg.mk, and was a little confused.

.if !defined(DEPENDS_TARGET)
.  if make(package)
DEPENDS_TARGET= package
.  elif make(update)
DEPENDS_TARGET= update
.  elif make(bin-install)
DEPENDS_TARGET= bin-install
.  else
DEPENDS_TARGET= reinstall
.  endif
.endif

This makes it look like the default when doing make update is update,
not install, while the default target for UPDATE_TARGET looks like it
is install.

.if !defined(UPDATE_TARGET)
.  if ${DEPENDS_TARGET} == "update"
.    if make(package)