Subject: Re: pkg_* in 1.6 too old?!
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/26/2002 09:45:53
On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 04:10:18AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> I just did a "make install" in netbsd-1-6 branch usr.sbin/pkg_install, and
> after that pkgsrc complained my pkg_* tools are to old.
> Can someone please explain why that is?

cvs log tells me that the version of src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/lib/version.h
on both the head (1.13) and the branch (1.13.0.2) contains the
version string 20020402.  A quick perusal of the latest
pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.mk tells me that the PKGTOOLS_REQD value is
20020402.

Perhaps you could do a bit of legwork yourself, and find out
(a) what value is returned by pkg_info -V on your system, and
(b) what the value of PKGTOOLS_REQD is in your version of pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.mk

cvs log and cvsweb are wonderful things.

> I'd expect someone either send pullups to get 1.6 in sync with -current
> (always the way to go!), or make that new pkg_* tools optional (recert
> that last PKGTOOLS_REQD change - why was it made? (sorry, I missed that)

It was made to sync up the 1.6 branch's pkg_install tools with what will
be in the 1.6 pkgsrc.

Hope that helps,
Alistair