Subject: Re: documentation
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/21/2002 14:27:20
>I added a link from
>http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html to
>http://man.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?packages+7+NetBSD-current

Well, now before reading this mail, I went again to the former URL, and was
quite surprised by seeing the latter one in the "Other related" section. I
would have sworn that I haven't seen that before... Now I know it's new (:

>Although unfortunately packages(7) not currently mentioned in Part I of
>the pkgsrc/Packages.txt, it is mentioned down later in Part II,
>i.e. section 4.1.  Perhaps your look was too brief!  ;-)

Do you really expect a (sort of) newbie to thoughly look at the package
creator's part for reference? To be honest, I wasn't interested in creating
new packages so far, and that part seemed to be the longer one, so I
skipped it. Thus, I think the first part really should have that pointer;
or rather some more content from it (for example, the brief list of make
targets).

Anyway, I admit that I still have ways to refine my routines to lookup UNIX
docs... (:

thx
mortee