Subject: pkgsrc - sup
To: None <>
From: Marton Fabo <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/21/2002 01:19:07
I hope you folks aren't yet annoyed by my silly questions... Well, now what
I'm curious about is: I've installed pkgsrc on a machine by fetching the
pkgsrc tarball from the ftp, and extracted it. According to the
pkgsrc docs, I can keep it updated by sup; but if I try that, it'll request
any changes since 1970 for the first time. The machine in question has a
quite unstable internet connection, and any attempts so far to sup pkgsrc

So is there a way to fool sup into thinking that it has recently (when the
stuff was installed) updated, and it should only request changes since then?

thx mortee