Subject: Re: PKG_PATH
To: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/18/2002 00:08:14
On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Marton Fabo wrote:
> Could someone explain how pkg_info actually uses PKG_PATH? I like to have
> this variable set to some netbsd ftp server, so that I can simply pkg_add
> <package> without always looking for a source location. But this way,
> pkg_info without arguments (which I use to list all the installed packages)
> tries to fetch something from the net, instead of dumping info from the
> local package database. So, what does it actually do with PKG_PATH set to
> something?

It doesn't really do anything useful, and PKG_PATH is discarded in latest
pkg_info:

	miyu# echo $PKG_PATH
	ftp://smaug.fh-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD/packages/i386/All
	miyu# pkg_info
======>	pkg_info: disabling PKG_PATH when operating on all packages.
	tcsh-6.10.00        Extended C-shell with many useful features
	miyu# pkg_info -e tcsh
======>	pkg_info: disabling PKG_PATH when operating on all packages.
	tcsh-6.10.00

 - Hubert