Subject: Re: rc.d scripts again
To: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jun.zwei@onlinehome.de>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2002 12:16:30
On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 00:36:02 +0200
"Klaus Heinz" <k.heinz.jun.zwei@onlinehome.de> wrote:

> Julio Merino wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:28:08 +0200
> > "Klaus Heinz" <k.heinz.jun.zwei@onlinehome.de> wrote:
>
> > > a) where to put the scripts
> >
> > You install the scripts in $PREFIX/etc/rc.d and then let
>                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Shouldn't this be ${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}/rc.d ?

Yes, I though so. But what happens if somebody sets PKG_SYSCONFDIR to
/etc? Then, the bsd.pkg.install.mk functionality will bitch as it will
try to copy files over themselves.

It would seem more logical to me to install those rc.d files in
$PREFIX/share/examples/rc.d and then let the install.mk to put them
in place (/etc/rc.d)... I think nobody liked the idea though :p

> because there is no YES-NO entry in /etc/defaults/rc.conf or /etc/rc.conf for
> it (and no $sa-spamd_flags of course).
>
> Is there something like this for packages? Debian seems to include some
> /etc/some_service.conf where they set a variable OPTION="-a -b -c".

I think that these kind of things should go in /etc/rc.conf.d...
although I'm not sure neither how to place them there nor if this is
correct.

Regards

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.hispabsd.org