Subject: Re: rc.d scripts again
To: Klaus Heinz <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/12/2002 21:56:22
On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:28:08 +0200
"Klaus Heinz" <> wrote:

> Hi,
> as documented in the archive there have been more than one discussion
> about scripts for rc.d in the package context. I do _not_ want to start
> another of those discussions (at least I cannot participate right now :).
> I just want to know whether there was some consenus reached about
> a) where to put the scripts

You install the scripts in $PREFIX/etc/rc.d and then let to install them in their proper place (/etc/rc.d) if
the administrator wants to.

Take a look at net/samba, for example, which uses those "special"
vars to install rc scripts.

> b) how to let the user configure this (something like the _flags variables in
>    /etc/rc.conf and /etc/defaults/rc.conf)

/usr/pkgsrc/mk/ contains some info on variables.

HispaBSD admin -
Julio Merino <>