Subject: failed kde3 build from source
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/11/2002 01:30:57
On an absolutely fresh NetBSD-1.5.2/i386 system, after having installed
XFree86 4.2.0 in binary form, and having pkgsrc set up, I tried (cd
/usr/pkgsrc/x11/kde3 && make install). It fetched about 4007 dependency
tarballs, started compiling them, and after about 2-3 hours of running
text (on a 1470 MHz AthlonXP with 256 megs of RAM), it hit an error and
couldn't continue.

The machine in question isn't at hand, so I can't tell the exact error
message, but it complained about crypto.cpp in kdebase3.

Anyone ran into the problem, maybe some kind of solution/workaround? I'll
post proper error description later if needed.

thx
mortee