Subject: Re: Undefined PLT symbols, was Re: help on porting...
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2002 22:09:08
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> is this on ppc by any chance?

No. It's not really port-specific. The errors below were generated on
NetBSD-1.5.3/i386. NetBSD-mac68k/1.5ZC has worse problems with kaffe,
but it gets a handful of similar errors, too.

> I get that when code wasn't compiled with
> -fPIC for a shared lib on ppc.

Interesting. But all the kaffe objects are compiled "-fPIC -DPIC" by
virtue of "libtool", and libc is compiled "-fPIC -DPIC", too, of
course, so that's not it.

> > I'm getting similar errors from "javac" in the java test suite with
> > kaffe 1.0.7, except they're not attributable to missing run-time
> > paths:
> >
> > error compiling:
> > /usr/lib/libc.so.12: Undefined PLT symbol "strcat" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 530)
> > FAIL: LostFrame.java
> >
> > error compiling:
> > /usr/lib/libc.so.12: Undefined PLT symbol "_isatty" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 1771)
> > FAIL: SystemLoaderTest.java
> >
> > It's not even the same tests every time! Anybody have any idea what
> > could be going on here?

Frederick