Subject: Re: pth vs pth-syscall and mplayer
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2002 00:34:49
Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> OK, so I figured out how to get things to use pth-syscall a couple of days
> ago, but now the maze of twisty little passages is confusing me. How do I
> track down the dependencies given, say, mplayer?

Check out:

  devel/SDL/Makefile
  devel/SDL/buildlink.mk
  graphics/mplayer-share/Makefile.common

You need to update both the USE_PTHREAD lines _and_ change all of the
.include "../../devel/pth/buildlink.mk" lines to .include
"../../mk/pthread.buildlink.mk". ISTR there was also at least one case
where BUILDLINK_DEPENDS was used to include devel/pth, so you should
probably look out for that as well.

Cheers,
Jared

--
Jared D. McNeill    "Everything that can be invented has been invented."
http://www.NetBSD.org/               -- Charles H. Duell, Commissioner,