Subject: Re: ogle on 1.5.x -- tester needed
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Knappe <knappe@tu-harburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/08/2002 14:03:20
On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> > I know that there is a possible legal problem with including
> > libdvdcss into pkgsrc. My old pkgsrc entry for libdvdcss was
> > based on one PR message. So, how can I include these new version
> > of libdvdcss into pkgsrc?
>
> I understand you have to install it yourself, with --prefix=/usr, so
> that libdvdread can dlopen() it. You can get it from
> <URI:http://www.videolan.org/libdvdcss/>. It builds out of the box on
> NetBSD (except for the --prefix thing). The message with libdvdread
> could stand to be a little more precise. (I'm not positive what it
> should say -- I have a lapdog with a dvd player, but I haven't gotten
> around to actually running it yet.)

I will try it this. In the meantime I decided just to try something,
but it seems that it wasn't a good idea. I changed the DISTNAME
in the old libdvdcss directory of pkgsrc from
libdvdcss-0.0.3.ogle3 to libdvdcss-1.2.1 and simply made a make
update. IN order to try the version you proposed I wanted to
delete the installed libdvdcss version. That's what I got:
root@trinity# pkg_info|grep libdvdcss
libdvdcss-1.2.1     library to access encrypted DVD
root@trinity# pkg_delete -f libdvdcss-ogle3
pkg_delete: package 'libdvdcss-ogle3' not installed
root@trinity# pkg_delete libdvdcss-1.2.1
pkg_delete: file `/usr/pkg/lib/libdvdcss.so.0.0.3' doesn't really exist
pkg_delete: file `/usr/pkg/lib/libdvdcss.so.0' doesn't really exist
pkg_delete: file `/usr/pkg/include/videolan/dvdcss.h' doesn't really exist
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package `libdvdcss-1.2.1'
(perhaps the packing list is incorrectly specified?)

So I'm afraid that I have now a inconsistend pkg database.

Ciao , Frank .