Subject: dirrm and common directories
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/08/2002 11:48:14

Hi all

as I'm packaging several GNOME2 packages, I've found a little problem.
Many of these packages are designed to live fine with their respective
1 version, so you can have versions 1 and 2 installed at a time.

This is done, most times, with something like this:
include/package/version/*. Well, old (v1) packages have in their PLIST:
@dirrm include/package/1
@dirrm include/package

And new packages have:
@dirrm include/package/2
@dirrm include/package

But here is the problem. If you have both packages installed and you ever
want to delete some of them, you will see an annoying message saying that
include/package can't be removed. This is non-fatal, you know, but it is
annoying to see the warning every time (and it makes the impression to the
end-user that the package is wrong).

How could we handle this to avoid the warnings? Maybe a... @commondirrm?

Of course it runs NetBSD -
HispaBSD member -