Subject: Re: How to force pkgsrc FTP to use active?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/04/2002 23:47:24
On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 02:08:12PM -0700, David Hopper wrote:
> Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> >=20
> Thank you; but I just added this and the transfers *still* begin in
> passive mode.  It's as if this keyword, PASSIVE_FETCH and the shell
> environment are all being ignored (I had to add FETCH_CMD by hand,
> BTW).
>=20
> This is on -current pkgsrc & binaries from June 2.  /etc was updated
> by postinstall.

Quoting /usr/pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk:

#PASSIVE_FETCH=3D
# Use ftp(1) in passive mode, for use behind filtering firewalls.=20
# (Set by default in ftp(1) in NetBSD-current)
# Possible: defined, not defined
# Default: not defined

It's beeing defined in current by default... so you may need to
*undefine* (not set it to null) the variable in mk.conf, although I do
not remember how to do it in Makefiles (well, I also don't remember if
it's possible).

HTH

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org