Subject: Re: pth or pth-syscall ???
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2002 13:33:35
--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 01:24:28PM +0200, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> hi julio,
>=20
> On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 01:12:27PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> > What I do not know is what does 'native' type means when specifying
> > threading type.  Is native the value specified in PTHREAD_TYPE? If so,
> > I will need to recompile everything against pth-syscall (glib,
> > gnome...) so I can successfully compile kde3. Is this right? Or
> > 'native' is added to allow the nathans_wa (or whatever it's called)
> > implementation when it's merged?
>=20
> 'native' is meant native threads library for other operating systems
> (such as Solaris or Linux) and for NetBSD it will mean nathanw_sa
> branch, when it's integrated (or it means, if you are using sources from
> this branch on your own).

Ok, so... how do you solfe the problems with pth and pth-syscall? Will
PTHREAD_TYPE override what packages want? I mean, setting this var to
pth-syscall, will make that all packages that currently use pth switch
to build against pth-syscall?

Hmmm I think I'll have to recompile everything lol

Thanks.

>=20
> regards,
>=20
> --=20
> -- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /=
"\ --
> --                  <salo@silcnet.org>   e-mail in gratuitous HTML and  \=
 / --
> --                                       Microsoft proprietary formats   =
X  --
   --

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org