Subject: Re: pth or pth-syscall ???
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2002 13:24:28
--wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN

hi julio,

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 01:12:27PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> What I do not know is what does 'native' type means when specifying
> threading type.  Is native the value specified in PTHREAD_TYPE? If so,
> I will need to recompile everything against pth-syscall (glib,
> gnome...) so I can successfully compile kde3. Is this right? Or
> 'native' is added to allow the nathans_wa (or whatever it's called)
> implementation when it's merged?

'native' is meant native threads library for other operating systems
(such as Solaris or Linux) and for NetBSD it will mean nathanw_sa
branch, when it's integrated (or it means, if you are using sources from
this branch on your own).

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=