Subject: Re: pth or pth-syscall ???
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2002 13:12:27
--DocE+STaALJfprDB

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 12:44:03PM +0200, ptiJo wrote:
> On the last episode, "Ciarcinski, Adam (ISS Brussels)"
> <ACiarcinski@iss.net> said to "'ptiJo'" <ptiJo@noos.fr>,
> tech-pkg@netbsd.org:
>=20
> > > 	So I guess those are the same ?
> > > 	Then why having two differents (and conflicting) packages ?
> > > 	Would a "USE_PTHREAD=3Dnative pth pth-syscall" in=20
> > > /etc/mk.conf solve
> > > this ?
> >=20
> > In my humble opinion, it's better to add
> >=20
> > PTHREAD_TYPE=3Dpth-syscall
> >=20
> > to /etc/mk.conf

I've also got the same problem when trying to compile qt3. What I do not
know is what does 'native' type means when specifying threading type.
Is native the value specified in PTHREAD_TYPE? If so, I will need to
recompile everything against pth-syscall (glib, gnome...) so I can
successfully compile kde3. Is this right? Or 'native' is added to allow
the nathans_wa (or whatever it's called) implementation when it's merged?

Thanks.

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org
HispaBSD member - http://www.hispabsd.org