Subject: Re: needed by .buildlink/lib/ but it is
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2002 20:26:17
> > /usr/bin/ld: warning:, needed by
> > /usr/local/pkgsrc/my-packages/scribus/work/.buildlink/lib/, not
> > found (try using --rpath)
> You ought to put "-ljpeg" on that command line...

Thank you Frederick and Thomas.

For some reason, the configure was looking for libjpeg6b and libjpeg. So I
made it always use -ljpeg.

Then scribus finally built. I could run it with:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/pkg/lib/:/usr/X11R6/qt3/lib/ scribus

> respect ${LDFLAGS}, but some make systems don't, so often you have to
> sprinkle LDFLAGS=@LDFLAGS@ and ${LDFLAGS} into the's.

Then I patched the for this and it built fine (so now I don't
need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

I will send-pr scribus within the next couple days. It is a great desktop
publishing software. My degree is in journalism and I miss using Quark
Xpress for publishing layout and design. From a few tests, it looks like
scribus will help me a lot -- especially with linked textboxes (and text
can flow around images) which tgif, xfig, and impress don't do.

   Jeremy C. Reed