Subject: Re: both pth and pth-syscall?
To: None <rh@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Koenig-Baltes <joachim@handshake.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2002 23:36:30
On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 14:27:40, Rene Hexel wrote:

>   BTW, I've been running with pth-syscall (focibly injected in place of
> a pre-existing pth) for a couple of days, without any problems so far.
> I have about 50 packages installed that depend on pth (most of them
> gnome packages).  So it seems like the syscall-hard problems of earlier
> versions have been fixed ...

I´ve been running a lot of packages with a pth package compiled
with '--enable-syscall-hard' on i386 for over a year now, even Zope runs
without problems after enabling threads in python.

So for the time being (until nathan's scheduler activations give NetBSD
native thread support) we should enable syscall-hard for the pth package.

Joachim