Subject: Re: both pth and pth-syscall?
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2002 14:27:40
On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 14:11, David Brownlee wrote:

> > 	USE_PTHREAD=	native pth pth-syscall
> >
> > if anything.
>
> 	Hmm - that still tries to pull in pth even if pth-syscall is
> 	installed?

  Maybe this should be combined with a

  BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.pth?= pth{,-syscall}>=1.4.0

  in pth's (and also pth-syscall's) buildlink.mk?  This way, the default
would still depend on USE_PTHREAD and PTHREAD_TYPE settings, but the
"other" pth would also be accepted.

  BTW, I've been running with pth-syscall (focibly injected in place of
a pre-existing pth) for a couple of days, without any problems so far.
I have about 50 packages installed that depend on pth (most of them
gnome packages).  So it seems like the syscall-hard problems of earlier
versions have been fixed ...

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene