Subject: Re: both pth and pth-syscall?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/31/2002 09:31:11
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 11:50:42PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Any suggestions on how to get qt3 to install while still having pth?
>
> Or can I use pth-syscall instead of pth?

Jeremy,

I came to this problem yesterday, when I wanted to build qt3-libs.
I have asked Nick Hudson and he suggested I might try to pkg_delete -f pth
and install pth-syscall -- and it indeed worked for me. At least xmms
and gnome-terminal still were working fine (I haven't tested it *that* much,
I haven't been running the gnome, just some parts of it). However,
I've heard some rumours about some packages not obeying to
pthread.buildlink.mk yet (those need to be altered), and those are supposed
to have problems with this exchange.

I'd say just try it - either by replacing the package using force,
or maybe by recompiling everything (might give slightly better results, imho).

Can someone comment on this, please?

--
/* Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org> */