Subject: Re: Zoularis (Solaris) patch?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: mlh <mlh@goatnospamhill.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/29/2002 03:51:55
On 28 May 2002 22:10:00 -0500, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

>> If someone posts patches, I'll integrate them, but I don't have the
>> time to work on this myself.

> apparently, there is a problem with mlh's setup somewhere but he has to
> prove first that it's caused by /usr/ucb/install (as he didn't do)--i
> checked SunSolve, there is no bug rearding to 'install' from SUNWscpu
> for Solaris 8.

$ /usr/ucb/install -c -o root -g sys -m 555 install-info \
 /usr/pkg/bin/install-info
$ install-info
install-info: No input file specified; try --help for more information.

So the -s strip option apparently is trashing the files.

I don't know what to tell you regarding this setup. It's a very
new Solaris 8 complete update with what are supposedly all of the
patches as of one or two weeks ago. Before the os update,
/usr/ucb/install worked fine for packages outside of Zoularis and
I thought it was working after the update, but I may be wrong.
I'll check a few things tomorrow.

Thanks