Subject: Re: Zoularis (Solaris) patch?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: mlh <mlh@goatnospamhill.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/29/2002 02:48:32
On 28 May 2002 20:45:01 -0500, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am sorry that i have to repeat it again but have you ever read my

Sorry, I missed it. But I did get the pkgsrc/devel/patch working

> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:50:13PM +0000, mlh wrote:
>> Thanks, but it didn't work. I realized that there is a
>> pkgsrc/devel/patch so I manually ran configure and copied that
>> 'patch' to my path and that works.
>>
>> However, the only install is in /usr/ucb/install and I usually get an
>> 'ELF' error for all of the binaries it installs:
>>
>> $ install-info
>> install-info: Cannot find ELF`a`
>> Killed
>>
>> And from what I saw, /usr/ucb/install appears to almost be hardwired
>> into configure scripts. How does one override this, and what install
>> source is appropriate?
>
> 'install' from SUNWscpu package is all you need (that one which is
> installed in /usr/ucb/install).  it works like a charm for me on both
> SPARC and UltraSPARC based Solaris machines which i run with
> Zoularis/pkgsrc, so your problem lies likely somewhere else..

$ pkginfo | grep SUNWscpu
system      SUNWscpu       Source Compatibility, (Usr)

$  ll /usr/ucb/install
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin         9404 Jan  8  2000 /usr/ucb/install

It's installed and this is what happens:

( make devel/texinfo)
$ cd /usr/pkgsr/devel/gtexinfo/work/texinfo-4.0/util

$ ll install-info
-rwxr-xr-x   1 xxxxx    xxxxxxxxx  45504 May 28 20:46 install-info

$ ./install-info
install-info: No input file specified; try --help for more information.

$ /usr/ucb/install -c -s -o \
root -g sys -m 555  install-info /usr/pkg/bin/install-info
BFD: /usr/pkg/bin/stmFaiQJ: warning: allocated section `.interp' not in segment

$  ll /usr/pkg/bin/install-info
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     sys    68496 May 28 20:53 /usr/pkg/bin/install-info

$ /usr/pkg/bin/install-info
install-info: Cannot find ELF`a`
Killed

So /usr/ucb/install is trashing the executable. Any ideas as to what
is wrong?

Thanks Much!