Subject: Re: packages outside of /usr/pkg (was: Re: PROPOSAL: Move /usr/pkg/etc to /etc/pkg)
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/25/2002 14:24:26
--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 01:01:22PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > Can you explain what? I always put /var and /usr on separate file-syste=
ms,
> > but my /var is always very small...
>=20
> Then you don't have many users or don't get mails on that machine ;-)

Heh, sure. There is only one "active" user, and all mails I get are process=
ed
by procmail and stored in ~/mail/*.

Although I have seen some systems (openbsd) which place a lot of things
in var (for extra packages installed). For example, /var/www, /var/postgres=
ql,
/var/... I tend to put those things under /home, so I keep /var small.

Is this "wrong"?

Thanks

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org