Subject: Re: latest imap-uw
To: Frederick Bruckman <>
From: Michael Wolfson <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/24/2002 22:57:15
At 7:27 PM -0500 5/24/02, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

:)This smells like another incomprehensible hp300 toolchain bug. You
:)could try a couple of things to help narrow this down.

Possibly.  I'd appreciate that.  Unfortunately, this is a production
machine that I don't have console access to, so I can't test this out by
upgrading to -current and using a more recent toolchain.

:)The latest binary package for m68k seems to be

Unfortunately, this version has the security flaw which I'm trying to
upgrade past.

:)(that was evidently built on mac68k). And here find a 1.5-ish m68k
:)run-time linker

Unfortunately, it executes the same way as before (Undefined symbol
"_proto").  Meanwhile, I'm recompiling imap-uw using the newer  I'll
let you know how that turns out when it's done.

Should I try building a more recent libtool?

:)Naturally, you'll want to back up "/usr/libexec/" before
:)replacing it with that!

Naturally :)

Thanks for the suggestions,
  -- MW