Subject: Re: latest imap-uw
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/24/2002 19:56:04
Quoting Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>:

> Quoting "Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill@invisible.ca>:
>
> > Dave Burgess wrote:
> >
> > > Either way, it looks more like it might be an IMP error rather than an
> > IMAP
> > > error.  So, to answer the original mail "IMAP-UW seems to be working
> great
> > from
> > > here!" :-)
> >
> > Sorry, I guess I wasn't paying too much attention to this thread
> > earlier.
> >
> > I had this same problem. It has to do with self-signed certificates and
> > imap-ssl
> > with IMP. There are flags that you can add on to the server name to
> > disable
> > SSL as well as certificate verification (ISTR even if I disable ssl, I
> > still
> > needed to use novalidate-cert).
> >
> > It's documented in horde/imp/config/servers.php:
> >
> >  * NOTE: If you are using a self-signed server certificate with with
> > either
> >  * imap/ssl or pop3/ssl, you MUST add /novalidate-cert at the end of the
> >  * protocol string. So for imap, this would be
> > "imap/ssl/novalidate-cert",
> >  * and for pop3 it would be "pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert". This is
> > necessary to
> >  * tell c-client not to complain about the lack of a valid CA on the
> >  * certificate.
> >
> > Of course, since I haven't been paying attention to this thread, I may
> > be _way_
> > off track. If so, ignore me :^)
> >

> Sounds like it might be about right.  It was complaining about the expired
> cert
> on the server, so I genned up a quick one.
>
> One of these days, I'm going to build us a NetBSD CA.

I saw that a couple of times when I configured the server.php file.  I wasn't
using imap/ssl or pop3/ssl, so I didn't think that applied to me.  Once I
started, and added the novalidate-cert option, everything seemed to start
working.  Never on the first try, of course, but they eventually started
working.

What a nightmare.

Thanks for all the help.  It seems to be working more or less correctly now.

--
Dave Burgess
Chief Technology Officer