Subject: Re: Making a NetBSD port of Wonka
To: ep71 <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/16/2002 23:35:16

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 10:38:31PM +0100, ep71 wrote:
> Wonka (not to be confused with wonko) is a clean-room implemenation of
> Java, under a BSD licence, which currently runs on X86 and ARM processors
> under GNU/Linux or eCos.  How do I know that?  Because I run the project,
> that's how. ;>
> I'm one of those people who use Linux at work because that's what the
> company IP dept supports, and BSD (Net & Free) at home.  I'd really like
> to see Wonka in the NetBSD ports collection, but I'd appreciate a bit of
> assistance both with de-linuxifying Wonka and with making the package
> itself.  Any volunteers?

i think the appropriate place for such discussion would be, please move this thread there. thank you.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
--                  <>   e-mail in gratuitous HTML and  \ /=
--                                       Microsoft proprietary formats   X =
-- PGPkey:                                  / \=
-- Key Fingerprint: DBEC 8BEC 9A90 ECEC 0FEF  716E 59CE B70B 7E3B 70E2     =

Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (NetBSD)