Subject: Re: Sourceforge downloads failing
To: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/13/2002 08:53:21
On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 11:42:33PM -0400, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:

> On 1020795530 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
> Alistair Crooks wrote:

> >> I reported same problem last night. See
> >> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2002/05/06/0000.html
> >> No one replied yet.
> >
> >I've just taken the prdownloads site out of MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE
> >in bsd.pkg.mk. This will have to do as a temporary measure. If this
> >offends anyone, I'd suggest a custom MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE
> >definition in your /etc/mk.conf.
>
> I was also bitten by this one recently.  I think that part of the
> problem here is that a failed checksum is considered to be a
> permanent error by pkgsrc.  Perhaps if we changed the system to
> try the next site if the checksum fails, we could avoid some of
> the problems that 3rd party FTP vendors cause?

Set FAILOVER_FETCH in /etc/mk.conf, or on the command line. To
quote from bsd.pkg.defaults.mk:

#FAILOVER_FETCH=
# Perform a checksum at "make fetch" time.  If the checksum doesn't
# match the stored value, try to retrieve the file from the next site
# in the list
# Possible:  defined, not defined
# Default: not defined

I believe that the bulk build mechanism uses this.

Regards,
Alistair