Subject: Re: Sourceforge downloads failing
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/12/2002 23:42:33
Alistair Crooks wrote:

>On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:53:13AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> On Tue, 7 May 2002, Julio Merino wrote:
>>
>> > I just went to install sysutils/rox, which failed checksum. After doing
>> > a makesum, which I though would solve the problem, it started fetching
>>
>> I reported same problem last night. See
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2002/05/06/0000.html
>> No one replied yet.
>
>I've just taken the prdownloads site out of MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE
>in bsd.pkg.mk. This will have to do as a temporary measure. If this
>offends anyone, I'd suggest a custom MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE
>definition in your /etc/mk.conf.

I was also bitten by this one recently.  I think that part of the
problem here is that a failed checksum is considered to be a
permanent error by pkgsrc.  Perhaps if we changed the system to
try the next site if the checksum fails, we could avoid some of
the problems that 3rd party FTP vendors cause?

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==