Subject: bulk package build completed for NetBSD/sgimips (mipseb) (fwd)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/11/2002 09:16:46
FYI.... I've got some related questions below.  Please CC me on any
replies, as I'm not (yet) on the list.

From Scott's build, it seems ~ 500 packages die due to `mipseb' being an
unknown machine type to autoconf... IIRC, fixing this involves adding
cases for `mipseb' to config.sub, and in the past I've added patches to
do just that.

OTOH, it seems horribly inefficient and wasteful to do this 500 times,
so I thought people might have better solutions here (one that pops to
mind is just wholesale replacing the config.sub file with a "stock"
one we maintain).

Thoughts?
--rafal