Subject: Re: pregenerate docs for a package
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/07/2002 11:12:52
On Sun, 5 May 2002 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> My preference is pre-generate the docs and include either in files/ (if
> small) or as an extra distfile.  I hate when a pkg wants latex just to
> format the docs....

Another option would be to just support pgksrc downloading and installing
pre-built binaries. i.e. instead of another distfile, we have a pre-built
package.

So we'd have packages where when you go to "build", unless you are in "I'm
building it" mode (a makefile define), you download a pre-built package
for the "distfile", and for install, you use pkg_add on it rather than the
normal install steps.

Take care,

Bill