Subject: Re: problem building galeon and don't know why
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/07/2002 13:53:56
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 06:24:04AM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> [See pkg/15822.] It looks like we need to bump the requirement for
> gtk+, too. If we do that, we also need to bump the PKGREVISION and
> dependencies for everything that depends on glib and gtk+,

I'm not sure we need to bump the dependency for glib, since it's a
compile-time problem, not a run-time change.

I just updated the PKGREVISION for glib.  So if someone sees something
doesn't build, checks and sees that he doesn't have the latest glib,
we hopefully will try to update that first.

I was tempted to update the buildlink-dependency to 1.2.10nb1, too.
Now I'm not so sure anymore -- why do we have to update the
PKGREVISION of dependant packages? For binary packages? (Do we still
need it after we got @blddep?) Is there no better way?

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
When all other means of communication fail, try words.